The Seed: Fool's Gold
7 - 8 Jul 2012
Along a path, through a field, over a stile and in a copse of trees is a yurt. Inside the yurt is a tale about a great adventurer – an explorer, a scientist and a seeker of fortunes, a man of honour and ambition.
This intimate and immersive 40 minutes offers a tale of tales, reckless bravery, self-sacrifice and heroism. And within the stories lie clues hinting at the whereabouts of the greatest treasure of all: the Seed itself.
- Some of the performance will take place outdoors over uneven ground so you’re advised to wear suitable footwear and clothing.
- The majority of the show will take place inside a tent. You’ll be asked to sit on floor cushions.
- We can’t let latecomers into the performance, so please arrive in good time.
- There is Free parking. Due to queues at the Visitor Centre, you are asked to arrive half an hour before your performance start time.
- Audience members with access requirements should contact the box office before booking.
- The audience should enter the gardens through the main Visitor Centre.
- The show will go on in all but the most severe weather conditions. If in doubt, please turn up and we’ll make a final decision shortly before the performance is due to start.
Fool’s Gold is part of The Seed, a summer-long adventure created by Goat & Monkey and David Varela. While each play can be enjoyed on its own, they are all chapters in a larger tale which includes an online story and a real-life treasure hunt. Find out more.
The Seed draws inspiration from the real Victorian plant hunters who collected seeds for the Great Gardens of Sussex. Many of the events portrayed are fictitious.
The Seed is part of the Ahead of the Game Festival. West Sussex celebrates the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games – Ahead of the Game Festival July to September 2012.
This event will be held at Wakehurst Place, Ardingly, nr Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17 6TN
£8.50 (includes entry to the garden)
Age guideline: suitable for 14+ years